When was the last time you were wowed by customer service?
This week is national customer service week. It’s a time to show appreciation, not only to customers, but to the employees that make the customers happy. It’s not often enough that a company will go above and beyond to make a customer happy, but those companies that do, tend to grow. I’ve always believed that customer service isn’t just a department, it’s an attitude that must be embraced company-wide.
Here are a few quick ideas to help promote customer service at your company:
- Give each employee a small desk mirror to remind him or her to smile when talking to customers.
- Give out positivity awards to employees who have exceptionally positive attitudes
- Motivational speakers
- Invite your best customers out to lunch with your customer service reps
- Enclose candies, or other small gifts in all the orders you ship this week
- Bonuses! (hear that, boss?)
So what company has impressed you? What sticks out in your mind when you think of outstanding customer service? Leave us a comment and tell us about it.